WE’RE HIRING A NEW DIRECTOR
We are currently hiring a new Director of Opequon Quaker Camp!DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION HOW TO APPLY
Staff Applications for 2019 will open December 15th!
The deadline for applying for best consideration is by the end of February.
After that date has passed please apply or call BYM Camps to inquire about openings. VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
BYM Camps Staff Information
All staff are 17 years old or older, and staff at Teen Adventure are 21 and older. A large majority of the camp staff are former campers. Because so many are former campers, they have had many years of camp experience already! We love to hire from outside the program as well.
All staff go through at least one week of training prior to camp. In addition, staff from each of the four camps come together for Skills Week which is a week long specialized training. Then each camp has a week of mandatory pre-camp training for their entire staff. We certify many staff members each year in CPR. Skills Week trainings, offered in rotation, include:
- Canoe skills and whitewater safety from CKAPCO
- Wilderness First Aid offered by SOLO
- Lifeguarding from the American Red Cross
In addition to these, some staff at each camp are trained as:
- certified rock climbing instructors through Earth Treks Climbing Center
- Wilderness First Responders
Resources for Current/Returning Staff
Skills Week Training 2018:
This year’s training will be lifeguard training starting the evening of June 17th at Catoctin . Teen Adventure staff will train in Lexington, VA at the TA site.
Pre-camp training 2018:
Saturday, June 23rd training begins at each camp for all counselors or check with your director for varying start times.
If you are interested in locating a training or certification that we do not offer or are not offering this year, use the resources below to find information about local classes that may be available. If you have other good sites or trainings to recommend, please let the Camp Administrative Secretary know.
- Wilderness First Aid: SOLO
- Canoe instructor and whitewater safety: American Canoe Association
- Lifeguarding and CPR: American Red Cross
- Rock Climbing Instructor: Earth Treks Climbing Center, Columbia, MD
The following forms need to be completed and uploaded to your camp staff account before you arrive at camp.
All Staff (returning and new)
- Medical form (log in to your online staff account and complete before camp starts)
- Photo release
- Liability release
- IRS W4 (upload the first page only, after completion)
- signed contract – you will receive an email with your contract for the summer, sign and upload
New Catoctin Staff
Please complete the following in addition to the All Staff forms.
- Catoctin: fingerprint form (new staff)
- Catoctin: BG Check Permission and Rights (new staff)
- Catoctin: CPS form completed online at MD DHR portal Only if you live in Maryland(follow instructions in email, complete online at DHR site, print, get notarized, save as your “last name first name” and upload to your camp account)